Friday, January 4, 2008

Monkey see, monkey do

de·test di-test ~ verb (used with object)
  1. To feel abhorrence of
  2. Hate
  3. Dislike intensely

It was a long drive home. Something about rain and people forgetting how to drive right. But then again, they could just be cautious and slowing down to avoid skidding on the slippery roads. SO.NOT!

I absolutely detest drivers who have to slow down to stare at every single bump and grind that has taken place on the roads on a rainy day. I mean - Dude! You've probably cursed and swore at the queue! So move it along why don't you?!

As I signalled to cross lanes, a bike that was 2 cars behind me starting tooting his horn. Now that is also something I detest - motorcyclists who think that their lane is along the white lines on the road. I mean - get with the programme - there were no cars to my left so swerve left!

I'm ranting I know. And it ain't gonna change anything in this world tonight. Well, not my world at least. But it has to come out before it carries over to tomorrow. And my chef has already warned me that he did not wanna hear how I did not have a Friday night.

Well Chef - there ain't gonna be not much of a Friday night from hence forth simply cos people don't remember the things they say very often. And frankly, I'm getting quite tired of that. Especially when at times they themselves wonder how others could do the same.

But then again, they could be like the rest of the world - ask questions, get answers and not do a damn thing about it. Kinda like this 360 degree appraisal that's going down at the office. When I got to my 6th appraisal (which was of my GM), I kinda sat back and pondered on the wisdom of it all. I mean - what the hell kind of change is exactly gonna take place despite hearing the thoughts of other people?!

Call me bitter. Call me irational. Call me anything you want. It ain't gonna make much of a damn difference to me simply because of two things - 1) I don't really care for what your thoughts are of me right now, and 2) I detest the ME that I am right now.

So yeah - Smack me! Spank me! Throw me a banana and call me a Monkey.

No comments: