Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Number One

I was asked what my resolutions for the year was earlier this evening. While most would stick with things like drink less, smoke less - or quit altogether, I was going for a more general one of "Doing less stupid and idotic things" for the year. And I was really gonna go and give it a big shot at succeeding! Hey - I did my last conscious dumbo thing yesterday, before the year ended, just so I could start clean!

Unfortunately, in the span of the 5 hours into 2008, I have already been confronted by the ghosts of a one last dumbo and I am sitting here at 5 am, reeling slightly from it.

I cannot really write about it. For if I did, I would incur the wrath of many people I know personally and Amanda would fly back to bash my head in (and girl - you would do so just for the thought of it and not IT itself!).

Whatever it is, the baseline of my thoughts right now is this: People these days do not have much values in life anymore. That, which should hold utmost sanctity, is as easy-come-easy-go as the next shot of alcohol.

And that is just downright sad. Afterall as Sen said on his blog:

What is the thingy you mumble when you get married?
A vow.

Yeah - Oh indeed! Just freaking leave me out of it I say!

No comments: