Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Art of Giving

It's the Christmas season. My buddy - the Bear - has been busy doing up his gifts buying. I, on the other hand, have barely started. And I doubt I will get very far. It is afterall, the Great Recession!

But more importantly than the price tag or the brand label, one question I always ask myself at occasions such as these would be ~ what can I give that could encapsulate how much the receiver means to me?!

Most of my recipients are kids. So I can almost always get away with murder. But for the adults ~ it's not so cut and dried. And it's the men that's always the hardest.

Which is probably why this year I have decided that the best chappies in my life do not get store-bought stuff. Might take a lil bit more work and effort on my part. But then again, one doesn't become the best of the best for no reason.

Hopefully on Christmas morn, when they individually unwrap their gifts in their own homes, it'll bring a smile to their faces and the thought of "This is so Barbsie!"

That would be so achieving the art of giving for me :o)

No comments: