Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Does it Matter?

I finished up work today and rung the LegalBeagle out for tea. He was afterall already chilling at the Bucks. Plus I didn't feel like coming back to an empty house and the thought of a hot latte on a chilly day was too darn appealing to ignore.

At this point I have to make note that this is blog worthy simply cause LB and I have never met. We didn't even know what each other looked like or talked on the phone. All we've ever done was chat online.

As I was taking my shower after I got home, I was trying (and still am!) to recall - where and how did we ever come across each other? I mean, this so-called virtual friendship has evolved to this point that the beginning doesn't quite matter.

I'm not one of those people who make friends easily. I have lines clearly marked and drawn and each person is slot into one of the many categories. It's a sad thing but life is complicated enough without weighing it down with the even more complicated thing called "relationship" of any sorts.

So I am glad that today I finally meet face-to-face a kindred spirit (not that he is as antisocial as I am) - kindred in the sense that he is one of those who is able to accept and not judge, nor try to change.

So yes - you've been marked and crossed out for a space called "friends" in Barbsie's books now *grin* See - you should've thought twice before accepting that hug! Till the next coffee and secondary smoke session, where I will tipperty-tap out conversation lines to you as you sit across and sip your coffee!

No comments: