Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lil Green Men

al•ien•a•tion ~ noun
  • the act of alienating
  • the state of being alienated
  • the state of being withdrawn or isolated from the objective world, as through indifference or disaffection

Christmas is 20 days away. Normally, plans would be under-way for the big Christmas brunch, thoughts put in for what gifts would be given, and the traditional year-end get-together to remember, rejoice and be grateful.

This year, nothing of the above has been done, and I very much doubt it would be done. For if truth be said outloud - I would be hardpressed to name 5 people to fill the rest of the chairs in my dining room.

Everyone seems to have gone about their own way, and the thread of connection seems to be fuzzing out. And I can't say I have not contributed to that deterioration with my self imposed exile.

I suppose there would be times when one feels like they are in a "Me-against-the-world" phase, and this would be one of them. It's just bloody bad timing that tis the season for glad tidings.

I ain't got nothing very much nice to say about anyone right about now. So I shall slink away and just talk to them who have cotton in their bellies.

No comments: