Sunday, December 14, 2008

Marathon

Shopping.

It is a marathon, not a sprint.

In order to do well, one must be mentally prepared - to push thru the discount bin in order to find the right size, to walk away when the price is not right, and to keep going to your list is done.

I am hardly one for shopping. The only place I vigilantly go to each week would be the grocers across the road from the office, to buy the food I need for the one dinner I would cook.

By some stroke of good fortune, I had the opportunity to go replenish the clothes I gave out yesterday - yes, in the midst of packing up the wardrobe, I came across a whole load of long-lost items which I reckon - since they were long-lost, I could do without.

They say the early bird catches the worm - and indeed it did. For how else could I have bought 11 pieces of stuff for two-hundred bucks? And mine you - these were not from the hypermarkets!

Yes - I'm mighty pleased with myself. Stayed out of the house for 11-hours straight but well - let's just say my style has been updated :o)

Considering how out of shape I am - I would have to say - I did pretty well in today's marathon!

No comments: