Saturday, December 27, 2008

Up, Up and Away...

I.Am.Pooped.

Tired beyond belief. But I am damn proud of me, myself and I. Oh yes – and my wee two hands.

This is the last blog that I am going to be posting from this pigeon hole that I have called ‘home’ for the last 2 years, 6 months and 28 days.

Every box is sealed and ready to go. I am quite pleased actually that I have kept my junk down to a minimum of 5 boxes. A far cry from the time when the numbers spanned into double-digits. The fridge is shut down and the telly will be unplugged in the morning. Every item that needs to go has been moved into the dining room.

There is a pang that is slightly bittersweet. I can still remember the day I moved in here, with my pillows in tow and a few pieces of RM 20.00 foam mattresses. Mandy was helping me carry my stuff and it must have been quite the sight that she told me to go stay with her instead.

Many things have taken placed in this house. Many conversations with myself, and with others.

In the midst of all the harrying here and there and smelling like something the cat dragged in, I told Ben I was quitting this shift. That I was gonna ring my landlord up and say – Oops, I’ve changed my mind! But as he rightfully said: The next place I move to is gonna really be HOME, and that would be where life would start a new chapter. And that it was about time I lived properly, and not falling down.

So yes, in that light (and the light of all my other friends) – we say farewell to unit A213A of Palm Springs. It’s been real super occupying this space in the sky with you. I hope you give as much pleasure to the next occupants as you did me. And I hope they give you as much laughter and cheer as I gave you!

Onward bound now ~ till I update next from the Pearl Tower!

 

 

No comments: