Thursday, December 18, 2008

Decode

How can I decide what's right
When you're clouding up my mind?
I can't win your losing fight
All the time.

I just gave out the most important Christmas present of the year. And honestly, the feeling after – leaves me kinda deflated.

They say giving a gift is not about expectations. Maybe I mismanaged mine badly this time. And yes, I have no grounds for complaining. Yet, you can’t compare something with a price tag with something that doesn’t ~ Even if I say so myself.

Not gonna ever own what's mine
When you're always taking sides
But you won't take away my pride.
Not this time.

The gift was well received, with shaking hands – yeah, never quite imagined the reaction to be that, and very much appreciated. Each saying that was picked was deliberated and the rationale didn’t even need any explaining done. But the gist of it all was horribly lost. Very, very horribly.

The truth is hiding in your eyes
And it's hanging on your tongue.
Just boiling in my blood.

3 weeks of stressing out and days of running about. And this is how it goes.

But you think that I can't see
What kind of man that you are
If you're a man at all.
Well, I will figure this one out on my own.

Sometimes I think I complicate myself, and thus my life in the process.

I'm screaming, "I love you so."
My thoughts you can't decode

I should have just given an empty box, with a password to the Shooter.

Do you see what we've done?
We've gone and made such fools of ourselves.

Or I should have just bought the video to Twilight, put it in a box and tied a ribbon to it.

There is something I see in you.
It might kill me.
I want it to be true.

I know - don't say it. Just don't. You've said it before. Please - considering it's a week to Christmas - spare me by not repeating yourself.

How did we get here?
When I used to know you so well, yeah.
But how did we get here?
Well, I think I know.

I have left a text message unanswered. The first time ever. It's not one of those that needs sleeping over. I just don't have it in me to give anymore. That was my last. Wrapped up in a box with a snowman on the top. I've given all I can give. There is nothing left. You've actually emptied me rather well.

It's for you to go decode it all now. I have said all I can say, without saying too much.

No comments: