Saturday, December 13, 2008

X-Days to go

It's been a bit of a crazy week. Didn't really expect the year-end to be this mad, but alas it is.

The Move to the Boon-dogs

The packing for the great move has begun. One would think that after 5S-ing the place, I would have fewer things to pack. *ha* NOT! I still find junk after junk hiding under sheets of stuff and what-have-you-not. The packing has been expedited cos the demand for the stuff I have hocked on the various websites has been overwhelming.

So yeah, my wardrobe's gonna go, along with the kids' furniture by early next week. Hopefully that would put me in a better frame of mind to take on the task ahead of stuffing the rest of the stuff into boxes.

And yes, from mid next week all the way till end of the month, I would be LITERALLY living out of boxes!

Ho-Ho-and-ho?

It has been confirmed - I would be the sole ER in town from my family tree this Christmas. No - it does not sound good at all. For some strange reason, my folks thinks I'll fend well enough for myself to survive the holidays alone. Hello! Someone ought to tell them that in some countries, suicide rates go up during the holidays! And to think they are leaving me alone!

But on a lighter note, I have finished sorting out almost all the pressies. The wonderful nature of our country has to be extolled here. If not for something called the Supersavers' Sale - no one would be getting any presents at all this year!

Seeing how the folks would be away and 11A USJ 2 would be empty, I can go ahead and put up my tree. What a consolation that would be. I think I shall leave it to Tuesday and task it to someone ~ it's long overdue anyways - I ought to be pulling more of his weight around!

The Year Ahead

And in the midst of all this, I have decided that I should be like the LegalBeagle and do some planning for 2009. Cos it is gonna be a big, Big, BIG year!

By next week, I would know if my Irish bosses are okay to start our local office transition plan. And if they are, come January, Barbsie would be a business owner *gasp* It was very heartening to read my boss's management report and recommendation. I have to get used to bosses singing my praises. I have lived too long under the shadow of the Great-D to be able to accept that I can live for more than a "Um" as approval. Words - great sentences of words - that's what's due to me these days!

Come January, I should also be kicking off the Billie-project. Everything is there and done. Thick-arse of a business plan, quotations, financials - the works (done by lil ole me, I might add!). All we need know is hit the market and get some intent listed down on paper, find an angel investor (Anyone with RM 10K to spare?) and we're off!

Last year I wrote that it's not so much a change in the date or a page in the calendar to bring about changes. And in reflection, it is so true. Nothing in 2009 will happen if the planning, the laying of its foundation didn't happen sometime over my life time.

It's gonna be a great year ~ I can feel it in my bones! And I can't wait as the Xs dwindle and we'll be looking at the clock click midnight and usher in a new era!

I'll say it again - It's gonna be a great year!



No comments: