Sunday, December 28, 2008

Green

“On the morning after your first night there, wake up and look out the window. Just enjoy the peace, the quiet and the fresh air. Then go make yourself a nice breakfast.”

And indeed I did. It’s kinda warm and not quite as breezy as I expected it to. But then again, I’m only on the 7th floor.

Cornflakes, eggs, bacon, yogurt and coffee. That’s what I just had and it was strange to cook without having to fight the food from sliding off the pan.

I’m still getting used to the idea of living on this side of the Valley. Most of you might be wondering – what’s the fuss about? Let’s just say it’s one of them things you would find hard to understand, unless you’ve lived there.

I am also having a bit of an orientation issues. Most of the places I see near where I now live do not appeal to me. I had to fight the urge to run back to The Curve just to buy drinking water and eggs. Ended up in Subang cos at least there’s some familiarity in those shops.

I suppose it’s a question of time, taking the time to get use to things. I have a whole different set of friends who now live nearby. And yes, I do so look forward to hanging out more with them. As for the old ones living on that side of the Valley – heck, we work round the corner from each other so it’s no biggie.

The house isn’t exactly 100% there yet. For starters, gotta give it a clean and find the rubbish chute to chuck out the unpacking junk.

But we’ll get there… soonish!

No comments: