Sunday, December 21, 2008

Timing

So it's 3 days to Christmas, and 6 days to the start of the Big Move.

The house is a right mess, and despite having spring-cleaned less than a year ago, I am still up to my 2nd Extra-Large thrash bag, and given away about 10 bundles of stuff - clothes, toys, crockery, etc.

It's an odd feeling - to be consciously packing up and gearing up to moving. Yes - all of 33, and I have never really been here, save the time when I had to leave Surrey and come home. And mind you, I'm the Mistress of Moves: OG Heights is gonna be my 6th home in 7 years. 

In the beginning, when I decided on the date, I didn't give much thought that it would coincide with Christmas. Either I 1) wasn't thinking right or 2) wasn't thinking I'd be wanting to celebrate Christmas. But now, as the carols ring louder, the timing of it all is kinda getting to me.

I wanna be able to lie under my tree and try to drink my wine on Christmas Eve night, without having to open box after box looking for the glass or the wine-opener. I wanna throw my usual Christmas luncheon and get my friends horribly sloshed as we always do, without having to look for more newspaper to re-wrap all the dishes afterwards. I wanna pick my church clothes out of the cupboard, without having to ruffle thru my suitcase, looking for something that's not horribly creased!

So yes - timing of it - couldn't be worse. And it's pushing me towards the edge of going Bah-Hum-Bug!

Maybe I should take up LegalBeagle's offer of a plane ticket to JB and back as my pressie. But I'd probably land myself in the hospital at the end of it all from the lack of rest.

Well, if you're wondering what to get me still for Christmas - let's make life easy for you - offer me something to do on Christmas - just so I maintain my sanity!



No comments: