Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Acid Test

A friend of mine once commented about the state of my life, re the intricate web that I have weaved for myself when it comes to Lydia and Luke having a father figure via their relationship with Puppy.

His comment went like this:
"You can see the measure of a guy when you put him at the dinner table with Lydia, Luke and Sen, and have him watch them call him "Daddy" over and over and over again."

I didn't have to go that far. I think it was enough that after greeting hello, Lydia followed it with a question to me of "Is Daddy coming as well?"

Needless to say, the Acid Test was as it is called - acidic. And it wasn't even a social call. It was just a drop-off visit.

I suppose in reflection, it's alright. Especially when we've had such a good weekend already with the kids having really quality time at home.

As far as I can see it, it's not a bad thing. The picture is already as good as it can be for the children.


We as adults, will just have to adopt a cat and cope.



No comments: