Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Ponderous Fruit

It's been a rough and long-ride professionally, and to some extent personally.

No one believes that their life will turn out just kinda okay.

We all think we are going to be great.

Like a fish out of water, the last 5 months have been nothing but a roller-coaster ride with feelings of inadequacies, awkwardness and thorough ineptness.

And we feel a little bit robbed when our expectations aren't met.

But life doesn't always turn out the way we believe it to be. And when that happens, only "I" can turn the tides and move smoothly thru the shifting sands.

I know it's probably pained those closest to me as they tried to reach thru my cloud of doom and gloom. Many a times the past few months, I guess there have been occasions when they had probably wanted to slap me across the face and say - This is life! Get real!

Maybe it's cos I've had a time-out on Friday. Or maybe all the chantings surrounding me have finally sunk in.

ob·jec·tiv·i·ty ~ Noun
  1. The state or quality of being objective.
  2. External or material reality.
  3. Judgment based on observable phenomena and uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices.
In light of all the chaos that has been happening, I got caught up in the churn.

But you know what... many durians later.. I think I've gained objectivity.

I cannot carry the weight of the world on my shoulder. I'm not big enough for it.

I am but one. And I can only do so much.

I cannot try to save the world. But what little I try to save, I have made a difference in my space.

For like the fruit, get past the thorns... and a world full of rich flavours awaits!

It ain't called the King of Fruits for nothing!

No comments: