Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Being Real

I had a most amazing email today, from a college mate that caught up with me on Facebook.

On a day like today, that mail was something that kept me buoyant. On a day like today, when I had to take a huge fall for the incompetencies of people I respect and work for, at 8 in the morning, that mail was something that made me stand tall despite having had the 40 devils descend on me.

For someone I knew from long ago, before life became LIFE... I am amazed that my musings went across the virtual space and made him sit and listen to this broken head being poured out. And from what he wrote, yups - he heard me alright.

I have to remember this day and take it all in. So that the next time I feel false and like another person, I can recollect that my friend from the land where there are more sheep than people, told me that inspite of it all - I am trying to keep it real.

And that to me, is by far, the most important thing to do in life. Cos it is a sign that I am not merely surviving. That I am not getting by through escapisms and what-have-you-not. It's a sign that I'm not just existing but living.

And THIS my friend - is what you get after the Blue Stuff. The sweetness of seeing the rainbow after the rain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

to many more lychee liquers. it's a great day to be alive :)