Wednesday, December 19, 2007

LTB Part Deux

So another year is coming to an end. It seemed like only yesterday that I was drinking 2007 in.

Well I should have told you I sold my soul to an angel
I should have told you this world is not my own
I should have wrapped you ~ wrapped you like a present
I should have gotten to you before you were grown

Where did the time go? Why does it feel like if I closed my eyes barely, I could still remember days from the start of the year – some hundred of days ago? Am I living in a time warp?

I should have whispered in your ear when you were lonely
I should have taken you, taken you by the hand
I should have told you ~ you are worthy
I should have shown you ~ you are a beautiful man

The last few days have been kinda surreal. I do not really wanna pint point my finger to the exact reason why. Some things are best left not thought thru.

I should have told you I would be difficult
I should have shown you the scars on my soul
I should have told you I wanted you to take care of me
Without allowing you any of my control

While the year may have had some really fantastic, out of the world and body experiences, I do know this… it was far too short-lived.

I should have told you I was not good enough for you
I should have whispered I am unkind

I do not want the next year to be like this year ~ A year where I stood on the curb waiting for traffic to come to a standstill before I walked on across the road. The few times that I actually jay-walked, it turned out to be an adventure which left me wanting for more.

I want to save you from yourself
I want to save you from everybody else
I want to save you from myself
I am doing the best that I can
For a beautiful man

And I think I should have more such adventures – carefully chosen of course. And I guess, there’s not better way to start an adventure than here..

So this is the way I say I need You
This is the way that I say I love You
This is the way that I say I'm Yours
This is the way… this is the way

Some things.. just don’t change. And I'm fine with it. No expectations, nor hope. Just living and regalling in the knowledge that I am breathing. And that's fine.

No comments: