Friday, December 21, 2007

Of hollies and buddies

And so, we’re 3 days to Christmas Eve. I cannot put my frame of mind to it and I’m trying to induce the spirit by downloading Christmas songs onto my notebook and have my tree lights turned on from the time I walk in the door, till the time I go to bed.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light
From now on, our troubles will be out of sight

I’m trying to figure out why I am so lackluster this year. I mean, this is the only festivity that I observe and celebrate. This is the one occasion where I actually joyfully look forward to attending church service and hearing the bells peel out at a particular point in the ceremonies.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay,
From now on, our troubles will be miles away.

Everyone at work today was surprised to see me in. Well, considering my leave has been cancelled. And they will be even more surprise to see me in the Monday as well, on Christmas Eve. I really cannot figure out why I cannot find joy to embrace the season.

Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more.

I suppose as the hours pass, and I re-ignite the stalled process of buying and wrapping presents, I will find the holly for the jolly. Maybe I need to start drawing up my Cold Supper menu – that might do the trick.

Through the years
We all will be together,
If the Fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.

Cos at the end of the day, even though my family and kids are not going to be here with me – I’m still gonna be with my best mates. And that shall be the highlight of this year.

Have yourself
A merry little Christmas now..

No comments: