Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Art of Giving

It's been a relaxing Sunday ~ considering that I have been into 4 shopping malls in the last 24 hours. Yeah - finally got my butt off procrastinating about getting the Christmas present buying done and out of the way.

So far, it's been a pretty good spree ~ getting the things that I think are great gifts, which would be appreciated by the ones receiving them. All but ONE! Yeah - there is one item on the list which has been eluding me.

It's not to say that it's something so unique that it cannot be found. I know what I want and I can see it so clearly in my mind the item. Finding it, is a totally different story altogether. When I'm being this specific about something, I guess one could say it falls into the "utterly unique" category of gift-giving.

So yeah.. 4 malls and 24 hours later, I am still on THE mission. I know person receiving it would probably think I am brow-beating myself about it over nothing. And that I should just get him what he said he needed. I could take the easy way out on this one.. and I am keeping that option open right until Christmas eve. But, I really don't think I should execise that card.

Afterall, it ain't every year that it's the first Christmas gift to be given. And it wouldn't be Barbsie's style to get anything less than.

And so the hunt will continue.

No comments: