Sunday, May 18, 2008

Baby Leaps

Okay. So it's been a bit of an exciting weekend.

Took Lydia and Luke down to the pool all by myself. We've not gone there since.. I can't remember when. And even then, I was always the towel lady. Seeing how I realised that if I didn't take them, no one else was going to - it was splishy-splashy time.

I was amazed tho that Lydia actually went in without a fight and that she even floated away on her own (with arm floaties and board of course) without a peep. One person got a pic of it, and I hope he's darn proud cos he's almost been the victim of near-drowning due to child-grabbing-neck-and-cutting-off-airflow, once too many.

What brought this about? I think it's cos she set her mind to it. I recall a couple of weeks back, when she said that Luke was much better at swimming than she was. And I told her that if she let go of the fear, trusted me, she'd be fine. And she was! *Beams all around now*


And I think I've learnt a lesson from Lydia... if you don't try, you wouldn't know... and so it was with that, that I set about doing something I've never quite done before. And hey you know what - it wasn't so bad, afterall.

Yeah.. the water's cool - let's all jump in now.

No comments: