Saturday, May 10, 2008

Save the Night

I am rather amazed that after only 5 hours of sleep, I am fresh and wide awake for the weekend. WhiteBoy threw a wine-and-cheese-fondue party last night.

Was going to sit it out, but snaked my way there nonetheless. Quite simply because my so-called Best Buddy took me out for dinner with 2 other people, 1 of whom did enough talking for the whole world, and it was over and done with in under 45 minutes. Anyways, enough about that gripe ~ let's all just pretend that yesterday didn't happen on that note.

Coming back, cheese. Hot cheese. Oh and don't forget - The Europeans and their cheese. Hot Cheese! I wasn't too sure what the fuss was all about initially. Cheese, is cheese, is cheese, ain't it? Sure, we had fun eating it while we were kids - the tubes, the slices, the cubes. But here's the thing - it's more fun eating it as adults over a tippy pot and a whole lot of sloshed people.

Denise and Grisela who is the lower blob of cheese, fighting it out for garlic

And sloshed we were - don't even begin to ask how many bottles of wine were there when the Absinthe was brought out. Now WhiteBoy has (also) been raving about the bottles that his bro brought for him from Czech Republic. And now, I think we'll all rave about it with him.

I have had some serious shit poured down my throat in this lifetime but drinking something that was banned for a great number of years, and once thought to contain hallucinogenic properties? Bring it on Charlie! And don't stop at one too darling!

A burning cube of sugar being melted into a shot of absinthe


And so as all party goes, I would have to say, never has a party been more timely than WhiteBoy's European Blast. A roomful of strangers, save for Adam and Loicky, French phrases flying loud and clear over my head (Merde anyone?), good food and good alcohol.

I think phone numbers were exchanged towards the end of the night ~ between you and me, I think it was the ladies' ploy to get hold of Adam's number... and I'm sure we'll all have another blast like that sometime soon.


Ignore the fact that we all have red eyes like vampires. The people in the picture are one heck of an excellent bunch who didn't mind sitting around with me till late into the night. G
oes to show you don't really need to have known someone for a long while to call them your friends.

All you need is for the right ingredients to come together, at the right time.

And that saved the day!

No comments: