Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Worth Of...

Worth ~ adjective

  1. Equal in value to something specified
  2. Deserving of; meriting
  3. Having wealth or riches amounting to

There’s this song by Frankie Valli playing in my head.. and it goes something like this ~ “Late December back in '63, What a very special time for me, 'Cause I remember what a night…” Okay, so it’s not 1963 but 2008… but hell – it could be 1963 for all I care. Cos everything that I did in the last 24 hours paid off – and NOT in the way your dirty mind is working right now.

I mean, I’ve cooked or hosted luncheons and dinners before. Yet as far back as I can recall, no one – I’ll say that again, NO ONE has ever like stared at the food on the table, wide-eyed and dropped-jaw. And it was a good stare. And no one has savoured food like I’ve just watched it being savoured.

So while there’s a load of dishes to be washed, many thanks to be given to my kitchen crew… right now – it’s all worth it.

I felt a rush like a rolling bolt of thunder
Spinnin' my head around and taking my body under.
Oh, what a night!

Barbsie’s matched the challenge to top the week before. And the smile is reward enough for her.

No comments: