Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Food, food and food...

People these days, it seems, congregate over food. The better the food, the greater the atmosphere. Of course, with some ho-ho-ho, hey - it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.

I'm marvelling over the pictures that have come up over today from WhiteBoy's party. (Check it out here @ Kim's and Grisela's) There were some amazing shots taken which bears testiment to one hell of a great night for the year 2008. And it was all centred around food - a whole bunch of strangers coming together for some cheese from WhiteBoy's hometown!

I have always hated eating alone. One of my fave phrases had always been - to eat alone, I might as well not eat. Somewhere along the lines, either the hunger pangs got to me, or I decided that to go without food just cos I didn't have the company was utter insanity. I think it's precisely cos of where I used to stand, that good company - quality company, over nice food, doubles up in brownie points.

It really shouldn't surprise me, as I reflect on the groups that have come thru the doors of my restaurant since its opening - people who come in pairs or groups, tend to linger longer than single diners. Plates gets passed around and mouthful of food leave your plate and into someone's mouth.

As it was just said ~ it only seems to get better, week after week ~ hence, it's only apt that at least one week gets spent on a mutual fave past-time of eating and nothing else (*ahem* yes - nothing else)

And so, the search for the perfect Ploughman's Platter starts tonight (or morning!).. I have 7 days to put it together. I'm psyched, I must say, though I'm not sure why. Maybe cos the last couple of hours have been spent planning what goes in on it, and what doesn't. That's crossing the line, I know.

But heck - we'll just write it down to enjoying a good hot meal with a dead animal on it. Or we'll call it plain Vengence Dining.

No comments: