Monday, May 19, 2008

Gone to Town!!!

A week ago, I wrote about putting together an outstanding Ploughman's Platter. Okay, so I ain't putting together a platter per se. But in it's place is a 5-star hotel standard and styled canape platter. And as the clock ticks down to T-4 hours, I am about speechless for words.

I just had a peeped at the chiller and what I saw, blew my mind away. Quality beef being roasted and tucked into neat parcels with lightly sauteed asparagus, peppers and carrots... Smoked salmon twisted into a flower with horseradish cream and salmon row... 3 types of cheeses creams and piped onto a bed of sliced grapes and rye toast..


WOWZERS and you would agree with me, right?

I am, in a sense, quite relieved that I actually took the time to give the house a thorough cleaning. Cos food like this - deserves a clean floor and table to be laid out on. Now all I have to ensure it that my own inoki-wrapped-in-bacon and lamb sausage turns out not too shabby. If they do, I might just have to resort to dining in the dark.

My colleagues have gone to town with this one. Lord help me if this is the standard that is to be set! Can't freaking do this every week now can I?

No comments: