Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sense & Sensibilities..?

I am suffering from what you call information over-load. I now know:
  1. The breakdown of the different areas of the United States of America, what to expect from it and how to travel it
  2. The actual horsepower a Beemer puts out, compared with a locally made car
  3. How to plan my finances in such a way that I can buy a Beemer in the next 2 years. And apparently, I should consider getting a 1-series (only?!)
  4. The name and life story of one's uncle (don't ask how that got there, it just did)
  5. The breakdown of one's monthly expenditure (errr.. I didn't ask this one either!)

I think in a past life, I might have been a journalist. Either that or my folks went off tangent when they named me after Barbara Walters, that her ability to draw people out when she wants to, got somehow transfered with her name. But too much information - not particularly useful information (Uncle Jamie *duh*?) kinda leaves one going... "Errr.. Huh?"

I was sitting there in my living room, going “Barb – get a grip on reality!” And saying it over and over again, like a freaking mantras. I don’t do mantras. I am staring at my phone… not sure what the reply should be… Seriously… I am at a loss for words…. Well and truly loss for words.. my words are failing me… WhiteBoy would hit me on the head again for this, I am sure of it.

I know.. be just as confused as I am... Blurrness loves company... Just don't push me into sitting down and ploughing thru all that, just to make sense of it... Long and short of it - nothing unusual happen. Just another Manic Monday. YET... didn't quite feel the same. And I know pretty much that I wasn't the only one weird out by that.

Like I said on Sunday, I won’t have a straight, clean answer. And because WhiteBoy hit me on the head, like I said he would - TWICE ~ I didn’t need no pointless plan. YET it panned out better than I thought. No way would I have been able to take my imagination to this point.

I feel like I’m standing on a field, in a house of candles… “Belissimo” just won’t cut it.

The heat from all the candles burning will probably burn after a while… I can end up scraping my knee real badly, tearing my jeans in the process and all that… but I ain’t pulling on that emergency brakes right now… And I won’t stop now. I can’t stop now. Even if I go tumbling down the hill…

Cos the view of IT… From here on top of the world… IS… BRILLIANT!

No comments: