Wednesday, August 6, 2008

And the Aussies Say...

I nearly crashed my car this morning heading towards Jalan Tun Razak. It's the bit where we downers take the left turn and have to swirl our way into the crawl heading up the flyover.

As a creature of habit, I have been taking this way in to work for.. oh, a little coming to 5 years now. Yes - my last 2 jobs were all around this area. And as such, I have developed a talent for spotting the driver who is going to be slow getting their foot off the brake pedal and surge forward, creating that wee bit of space for the WiNK Mobile to inch in.

And so, it's flabbergasting that I nearly crashed into a bike, a lorry and a car all at the same time (if it did happen lah). Not only that (swear you'd never repeat this bit!), I patiently waited in line for about 30 seconds, till I was pretty sure the driver next door was gonna let me in without a fight.

But rewind and back up a bit. This post is not really about how I nearly rammed into 3 other persons on the road.

This post is really about how I woke up this morning, went onto my balcony, looked up into the sky, took a deep breath and was thankful I was alive, with my first fag of the day in hand.

And as I was thinking that (again!) it's great to be alive on this gorgeous day, fighting for my spot among the multitudes going in for yet another workday, I got a surprise ding-dong on my phone that really, well and truly came out of the blue!

Despite the fact that the ding-dong nearly resulted in a crawl that would have clogged up Jalan Kuching till 10 this morning, funnily enough, my thoughts are not entirely focussed on the message sender. Well, it is - a wee bit.

But more importantly, it's centred on these words that were told to me - Let go and you'll find that everything will fall in place.

I'm off to a busy day in a lil place called Banting for today. And as I sign off, I hope you've the lesson from this: Never look at your phone messages while driving, unless you're pretty sure it's 1) your boss from work or 2) your best mate. Anyone else might be hazzardous!

G'day y'all, as the Aussies would say. Maybe I'll see some peeky-pok-cutes (aka koala bears) enroute to Banting!

No comments: