Friday, August 1, 2008

Cold Play

The mind plays tricks on us at times like this.
It has to. We need it to.
It's how we're able to power on
And do what needs to be done.
Even something as mundane as doing the dishes
that are piling up in the sink,
or going out, getting up and doing
what needs to be done for your loved ones.

I cannot hold my breath while I sit and wait. I'd probably turn blue. And a part of me says that it would be ridiculous for the world to stop turning, my weekend becoming a ruined one... Just.Because.

What if you should decide
That you don't want me there by your side?
That you don't want me there in your life?

I'm trying to keep up my optimism - trying to keep up being bright and shiny. I know one part of me is being downright silly. And the other is being downright realistic.

Every step that I take
Could be my biggest mistake
It could bend or it could break
That's the risk that I take

Whatever the action... Whatever the reaction... You know I'll still be standing, at the end of the day...

The future doesn't stop.

What If
Coldplay

No comments: