Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bear of Reason

My best buddy leaves for his travel in a few hours. The last time he went away, all hell broke lose and I was floundering without an anchor.

Tis a strange relationship we have. The unlikeliest pair of best buds. I smoke too much, he doesn't smoke at all. I drink too much, he won't offer me a glass of his vintage on display. But yet, we are able to find middle ground and when push comes to shove, assume the voice of reason when all others fail.

I was spiralling out of control today. Look at the postings in the last 24 hours - need we say more. All cos I went and stuck my foot in my mouth in one silent moment too close to midnight. And needless to say, Barbsie being Barbsie - who in the words of the Bear: Barbsie is a control freak - could not sit still and wait.

Fortunately for me, my voice of reason kicked in, and I would have to say, if his office was any nearer, some actual kicking would have taken place with his sized 12 shoes. And as I close off this tiring Tuesday, I am thankful for it.

I'll try to keep on behaving Bear while you're away. Wouldn't want ya to try swimming from the Harbour right to Port Klang now.

Love ya bunches!

No comments: