Friday, November 21, 2008

From Others

A long time ago, I met this copy-writer from one of the international agencies. Over drinks, as he learnt that I blogged, he called me a "whiner" and that my blog writing was my silent call for help.

I wouldn't exactly disagree with him. But these days, I'd like to think that it is my connecting point to the world out there ~ if someone chances across my blog, and can relate to something that I've written - I would have somehow made that person feel less alone.

I am staring at a weekend ahead alone. A lost weekend without my kids. My friend asked me this morning what would I be doing and I gave him a long list of things. But I'm pretty sure none of it would work out cos everyone in my social circle have become accustomed to leaving me alone on weekends with my kids. I am not looking forward to the weekend in all honesty.

I know we don't have to be surrounded by people to feel less lonely. But the bottom line is: people need people, no matter how independent you place yourself to be. The feeling that someone out there can connect with you, despite everything else - it is unbelievable.

And if my blog can accomplish that, much like the way the blogs I read accomplishes with me:
then I suppose, life wouldn't be all that bad.

Thanks Paul - for the inspiring and ponderous posting this morning!

1 comment:

Paul J Er said...

where will your kids be this weekend?