Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Can't Touch This!

I drive a modest Malaysian made car that's tall and narrow. If it was a lady, it would be described as willowy. But since it's not, it's called Winks!

My Wink Mobile has just turned 3. In its short life with me, it has gone thru got a bit of trauma:

A month old - I miss judged a corner turn in a carpark and knocked down a STOP sign, scratching the side of the Winkster.

6 months old - Some idiot decided to rush ahead, causing the 2 cars in front of me to come to a sudden stop. And cos it was a wet morning and a curvy downhill path, the Winkster had no other choice than to fornicate with the one in front before the sun came up. Smashed the front bits of it and Winks was out of commission for 3 weeks.

For a period of 2 weeks in its 2nd year, it was used as the Village Bike for work with anyone and everyone needing to head out to get stuff, coming along and asking to use it.

And for a long while last year, it went with only one head light - hence its name of Wink Mobile.

More recently last Friday, a truck carrying natural fertilizer had to come to a sudden stop beside Winks. Needless to say, it showered its affection for my lil grey roadster.

But I think the worst thing it has had to endure, happened yesterday. When some dude tried to break into it at my office carpark.

Yups - my poor Winkster. It nearly got raped yesterday.

One can only hope that its luck will turn for the better after this. Or it might decide to stage a strike on me and leave me wheel-less!

I think for its sanity preservation and my own selfish reasons, I should make a sticker and stick it on the Winks. It shall say this: Can't Touch This!

Yes, I am going quite mad! Wouldn't you be if you found out someone tried to violate your car's modesty?!

2 comments:

Paul J Er said...

Have you totally stopped posting on Stepping on Glass already?

Unknown said...

Not really. It's there - in case I need to say something not so publicly *lol*