Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dog-gone and Done it Again

“It’s all looking good Barbs,” said Garlic as we sat there with his dinner. “I dunno, Ballz” was my reply.

Ask anyone who knows me, and they’ll tell you that as much of a speed bullet I am, I am also the last person alive to take risks – big or small. I can hem-and-haw my whole life thru, if not for my brief burst of “oh heck it!”

I have had a whole weekend to think thru this new “adventure” that I have climb aboard on. One part of me says – Yeah, let’s do it! But a voice in my head still asks if THIS is what I want to do. Am I again, living out someone else’s dream for them?

There’s a whole lot of clutter in my head. And clutter is no good for a systems-driven person.

I need to know how this will play out, or at least, how it is envisaged to be played out. I need to know the hours committed; the scope and roles. I need to know how much leeway I have to move things in the right direction.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not afraid of the work that lies ahead to make this happen. In fact, as the Bear rightfully said – I welcome it with open arms cos right now, the last few months, I have been vegetating.

I just need to see the big picture so that in my own way, I can fit my lil pictures into it. Cos that’s what I do best. Alongside holding up pom-poms and uttering cheers at the tops of my voice.

I never thought I'd see this day come - this day when I'm gonna have to say seriously - Please sit down cos we need to talk. Except that maybe, all the things we're gonna have to talk about would be everything but THAT which should be said.

But then again, that's another day waiting to be written - so why am I sketching its storyboard already?

*Argh* What have I gone and gotten myself into this time?!

No comments: