Saturday, November 22, 2008

Photo Shot

Today, while I was in my car, enroute to church, I had stopped in front of a yellow box, behind a long line of cars. All about me were grumpy looking people, trying to inch their way out the traffic mess that has ensued after the brief rain (Yes - when it rains, we forget how to drive right!). But to my left, was an African young couple (college-looking), trying to have their lovey-dovey picture taken ~ together ~in front of the water feature of the condo complex. I watched the image thru the display screen which was facing me, and I knew it was gonna be horribly awful ~ the girl was much shorter and the guy was the one holding the camera.

I watched as the lights turn green and readied to move. And when traffic lost their senses again, I decided - screw it and put my passenger window down and called out to them. I told the guy - I could help you do it again, if you want by prompting you where to move. And so, in the midst of all the grumpiness - we did it and the picture was one that put a smile on his girl's face - at least there's all of her in it now.

I didn't do very much except shout "A bit lower!" and "To the left, to the left - NO! MY left!" But, many years from now, they might come across this picture and remember how hard they tried to get it right. And perhaps, they might remember the weird girl in a wee WiNK mobile who had put down her window and shouted directions.

That's what living is all about isn't it? Finding opportunities to create simple pleasures that might eventually bring much joy.

And so, while I may have missed out on a few hundred buckeroos by not buying my lotto numbers - It has been a great day, nonetheless!

No comments: