Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Have At It

Not a day goes by without us reading of people dying. Apparently, approximately 153,000 people die everyday.

Some people can't wait for it to happen. Some people have the time advantage of knowing beforehand and thus, prepared for it. Some people don't even know what hit them before they went *poof*. And some people would do everything within their means and power to prevent or delay it.

It is indeed a frightful thing when one quietly sits down and thinks about it, about everything we've done and not done. For how would we know that our number is not among the 153,000 called each day, or the 107 called each minute?

If I knew I was going to die tomorrow, I'd be torn between deciding what to do with the remainder of my time. Goes to show how much procrastination I've been doing in the last 2 years since I wrote about this. And it scares the living daylights outta me.

I guess there really is no reason why I should NOT be saying "Pick a day, any day where you'll have more than just a couple of hours to spare. I'll cook up a feast with lots of dead animals, and we'll kick it back with funky cocktails and loony games."

The only way to stop the fear is by living.
Just living, being with your family, your friends, your community.
There is nothing we can do about it - except to seize the day.
We live while we can,
laugh while we can,
love while we can.

So, there you have it ~ Go on.. pick a day, even if it's a Saturday. And we'll make a grand production of it. It's been far too long since we've each had a grand laugh.

No comments: