Monday, April 23, 2007

And the game begins

So another weekend has come and past. Boy was it a prolific one. And one that I do not intend to repeat. How does it see me here on a Monday while I have my lunch at my desk? Curious. Curious as a puddy-tat in a cat-and-mouse game.

You see, someone told me I should get out more, meet more people. That way, I wouldn't be stiffed for company during my free time while my buddies go out and play. Yes, apparently a lack of people clogging up my phone book is my problem. *ahem* nice analysis girl.

But anyways, cos I vowed to listen to my girlfriends from here on out, it the beginning of The Adventure ~ Online Personals!

Well, I shall be shameless and admit that I have been there and done that before. It was never something that worked out well in any case. It's like looking for a needle thru the haystack. Nonetheless, we must forge on and bite the bullet.

Coming up with a profile that is attractive enough to capture one's eye was not all that bad. Finding the right balance of clueless-nes and wit was a bit of a toughy though. I mean, paint yourself too well and you'll be branded "smarty-pants" or "snob". But I think the cruncher is still the picture.

Once that was done, all I had to do was troll thru the multitude of Malaysian males who have uploaded their profiles and see if any caught my eye. In my search result, I returned 19 pages of individuals. That's like over 100 chaps that met my criteria. But at the end of the day, only a miserly 6 got some form of communication from me.

Has the first 24 hours of The Adventure been rewarding? I can't really say. Of the 6, 2 has been cut down to size through chats. But one.. oh that one ~ he's got the McDreamy hair, so it's fingers, ears and toes crossed for a reply of sorts.

So yeah, while the first 24 hours have been a bit stale... it is a bit better than standing in the middle of a crowded club trying to see if anyone catches my eye - and so far, there has been none. And as it was said in an online article about this ~ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4674252.stm, this sure beats meeting someone when you're not sober anyways.

So anyways, as I head back to work (cos it's almost 2) and get ready for a round of brain-numbing interviews, I shall stare intently at my mailbox and will it to have something of a surprise in store for me. Dear Lord, let it be a good surprise!

No comments: