Friday, April 20, 2007

Stand closer to me

At the end of the day, when it comes down to it, all we really want is to be close to somebody. So this thing where we all keep our distance and pretend not to care about each other, it's usually a load of bull. So we pick and choose who we want to remain close to, and once we've chosen those people, we tend to stick close by. No matter how much we hurt them. The people that are still with you at the end of the day, those are the ones worth keeping. And sure, sometimes close can be too close. But sometimes, that invasion of personal space, it can be exactly what you need.

I am having a freakin hangover-type headache. And all I had was a Screwdriver out of a bottle after dinner last night. *Sigh* Talk about not having any alcohol tolerance level.

Anyways, I think I am beginning to scare some of my close friends with this drinking stuff.

It's a phase I'm going thru right now. It's being done in a controlled fashion so I am not putting myself on the path of creating an addiction. Plus the fact that I am trying to keep my head from spinning out of control. And the best formula I have right now on keeping that lid tight on is to subject it to as much abuse as I can till it passes out.

Why the angst? Why the sadness? I am not too sure actually.. or rather, come to think of it. I think somewhere along the way, I lost sight of what it is that is bad, or that I feel is not right.

It's just this extreme feeling of emptiness.. and that sucks big time. Everytime in the last week when something good or bad has happened, I find myself at a loss on who to run to. I've lost them both.

This is just a rant. I'm sure I'll feel better as the day goes by. Only... except... it's Friday... and I'm so tempted to type, "Whatcha doing tonight? Wanna come on out and join us for a drink or two at the Curve?" But I'm afraid of what the reply would be... or if there is nothing but silence on the other end.

For once, it would be nice to have my 2 buddies at the same table, having a blast with me. For once, I think the both of them would get along really nicely, seeing how they do have quite a bit in common with each other (though they don't think so!) For once, it would be good to have my boys well and truly back with me.

No comments: