Sunday, April 22, 2007

Stolen words

I am out of words this morning. So I'm gonna beg, borrow and steal since being articulate is not happening...

Some people believe that without history, our lives amount to nothing. At some point we all have to choose: do we fall back on what we know, or do we step forward to something new? It's hard not to be haunted by our past.

Starting out again is never easy
Disappointments come and go but life still moves on

Our history is what shapes us... what guides us. Our history resurfaces time after time after time.

With a bit of luck It's a brand new start
That might just work my way
No need to walk away
Don't want to live on life replay

Most of our wounds heal, leaving nothing behind but a scar. But some of them don't. Some wounds we carry with us everywhere and though the cut's long gone, the pain still lingers.

I just wanna face the day
Forget about the woes of yesterday
Maybe if I hope a little
Try a little more
I'll breathe again

So we have to remember sometimes the most important history is the history we’re making today.

Things will work out fine
If you can find the courage to look past the night
To see the break of dawn

I just want to breathe again
Learn to face the joy and pain
Discover how to laugh a little , cry a little
Live a little more

And it's a brand new day. I can be bright and shiny too. I can, if I want to.

If.

I do want to.

Credits:
Song by Juwita Suwito called Breathe Again

No comments: