Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sleep

sleep ~ verb (used without object)
  • to take the rest afforded by a suspension of voluntary bodily functions and the natural suspension, complete or partial, of consciousness
  • to be dormant, quiescent, or inactive, as faculties.
  • to be careless or unalert ~ allow one's alertness, vigilance, or attentiveness to lie dormant:
  • to lie in death.
Sleep has been coming easy the last few days.

It comes as a surprise to me cos my mind and soul has been experiencing a lot of turbulence. As I set my bed up for the night, I am filled with trepidation. Fear of the angles which my thoughts would take when it's all dark, quiet and still. Fear of the maggots that might spring out and take me by surprise yet again.

Yet, while I fill my head with positive things to think about as in making of a lists, the next thing I know, I hear the sounds of Jame's Sit Down going off and viola! Morning has broken.

In a way, I am glad cos that means that I have held my demons at bay. But there is also a certain kind of loss when I wake up in the morning and find that once again, sleep has come and gone without leaving me any sweet dreams to last thru the day.

I know I sound more melodramatic than it actually is. But you know when the vase is broken already, no matter how you piece it back, have it reglazed and all... it ain't the same anymore.

So yes... sleep has been coming easy for me.. I have not been doing any weeping. And I think they would be glad to know of it.

Sleep, don't weep, my sweet love
Your face is all wet and your day was rough

So do what you must do to find yourself

Wear another shoe, paint my shelves

Those times that I was broke, and you stood strong

I think I found a place where I...


Sleep, don't weep, my sweet love

Your face it's all wet 'cause our days were rough

So do what you must do to fill that hole

Wear another shoe to comfort the soul

Those times that I was broke, and you stood strong

I think I found a place where I feel I will...


Sleep, don't weep, my sweet love

My face it's all wet 'cause my day was rough

So do what you must do to find yourself

Wear another shoe, paint my shelves

Those times that I was broke, and you stood strong

I hope I find a place where I feel I belong

~ Damien Rice ~

No comments: