Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Thru a child's eye


It's been a hectic day cos it's my son's 4th birthday.

I think his celebrations started bright and early cos he was allowed to watch tv while his sister got ready for school. Ah ~ the luxury of being a child and not having to answer to bosses as to why you were late.

My folks had lined up a full day of adventures for him. But I think they got more than they bargained for when his brand new Crocs got caught in an escalator!

It was horrific cos it was something one of my buddies warned me about but I laughed off. Blamed it on the kid for not knowing how to walk properly. And to have a call tell me that it happened to my kid ~ Lord that was not something you ever thought would happen. Fortunately, it's only a squashed looking blue pulp without any mangled toes so I guess that's definitely something to be thankful for.

The dinner itself was alright. Kids being kids - it was all about the cake.

And finally, it was off to the daddy's house for another round of hugs.

On the way back, all the birthday boy could think off was that his birthday was over and he has to remove his party hat.

That's how simple the life is thru a child's eye. Once it's over, it's over. No humming and hawwing about it.

I wish we could all retain that child in us. To be able to look forward to something with immense anticipation and yet be satisfied once it's come and gone. Alas.. alas..

For what it's worth ~ Happy Birthday Lukey! May you never lose the lil boy in you!

No comments: