Sunday, April 29, 2007

First step

Some of you may have read / heard before of my grand plan to move to Spain. Today, I decided to take the first step and nail down where exactly it is I want to start over again. The verdict:

Donostia - San Sebastian.

It's a small and quaint lil town north of Spain and about 20km from the South border of France (best of both worlds?). It's in what is known as Basque Country, which has its own language and very deep in culture.

From what I've read... it's gonna be an expensive but possibly rewarding experience if this dream does indeed take flight. For this lil place, with a population of under 200,000 people, is blessed with beaches and mountains. Not only that, it's a highly popular place for the rich in the EC so there are plenty of hotels and such.

So yes, there is every possibility that I might just be able to find work there and be able to enjoy the "runaway" experience.

Next step? Learn as much as I can from my new trade, widen my contacts and needless to say - Learn Spanish.

Hasta entonces!

No comments: