Thursday, April 26, 2007

Territorial markings

A friend of mine has just launched his own website. This is after about 10 days of much ado about this and that and the principle of domain-sales.

I have always wanted to ask him why he saw the need to spend over RM 50.00 for a domain name and then space on the web when he has been living with it for free.

I suppose might have something to do with marking one's territory. Or else, the convenience of having all your webstuff under 1 location?... *Hmm*.. I'm really lost on this one. *Ha* and to think I see myself as being tech-savvy.

But anyways, back to the new spill-site. Just took a peak at it and for a bit there, I thought my browser was not working.

On second glance, my browser is working. His html skills isn't.

Sigh.. to have gone thru all that trouble only to replicate the existing site he's got. Go figure.

Nonetheless - at least he's got his own space while I am still bandwagoning along. He's done marking his spot.

No comments: