Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sex in Shrink Wrap

Monday and I made a bet last week over the Netherlands and Italy game. Needless to say, with Van Der Sar and Van Nistelrooy playing for the Orange, I was rooting for them to win, while Monday believed that Italy would prevail in the face of the young. The stakes ~ a present to the winner under 20 bucks. Apparently mine was sex in a shrink wrap.

Fortunately, it turned out to be a bloke-lit fiction entitled What Men Think About Sex. *Phew* And contrary to some "hidden meaning behind the title", it's just a plain simple British humour fiction. Which happens to be what I'm into right now in reading (Stephen Clarke and the Merde series!)

So far, I’ve been able to read quite a fair bit of it, in between ciggie breaks and all, and I’d have to say – this book is spot-on! Light-hearted with occasional wanderings off into the philosophical and the workings of the male brain, it’s also filled with frequently-heard-from-Barb type phrases. Top it all off – it’s written in a manner, pretty similar to my own style. And I'm wondering where in heaven's name did Monday 1) find this book and 2) find the time to find a book right up my alley!

It’s a pretty big co-incidence actually – this book and Charlie. Being a person who speaks before the brain filter kicks in, I of course, made that remark out-loud. Then do all I can to placate Monday from driving to where Charlie works and bash his brains out. (It would have been quite the sight tho – two investment bankers on a show-down!) WhiteBoy is of the opinion that it was Plain.Sheer.Stupidity. on my part for letting rip that bit. Go figure!

Anyways, as the day winds down, I think I’m gonna leave all my troubles in an old-kit bag and try to smile, smile, smile. And if I can’t – I’m sure some bits of the book is gonna somehow find its way in making me laugh.

No comments: