Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Brain Messer-Upper

It’s been an awfully long day…. And I can’t believe that I just got home at half past 3 in the morning on a working day night. What Was I Thinking?!

GarlicBoy’s got a mate in town. Cute looking bloke with shaggy hair and a rather sexy Aussie accent. Pretty fun too! And so, the Three Stooges of the department are showing the boy about town. Definitely in red from Bar Twenty.One to No.Black.Tie to Sky Bar and just only Velvet Underground. Before you wonder further – yes I am making up for months of non-clubbing, as in serious dancing!

It has been great fun, and Lord knows I have needed this break to just chill out and unwind. Yet.. all the time in the club, which was steaming with people (being Mumbo-Jumbo night!), all I could do was nurse a drink and be bored. Seriously? Seriously!

Maybe it was the fact that my alcohol tolerance level has gone up - 1 vodka, 1 champagne cocktail, 1 Long Island and 2 tequilas - the floor didn’t even move! Maybe it was the fact the music was good but the dance floor a tad bit too crowded. Maybe it was the fact that there were two decent looking chaps getting right on heavy and all smack in front of me.

Or maybe, just maybe, it was cos Monday was out of town and couldn’t make it. (Yes – believe it or not, the I-do-not-text-unless-in-reply Rule went out the window. I mean, come on – Sky Bar is just across the road! I had a legit rationale to it *grin*)

I should really just pack it in, have a shower and go to bed – after all, my staff is gonna ring me at half 6 to make sure I get in by 8 later. But I know that even as I do all that, sleep is gonna elude me for a bit… Cos right now, all I want is to see a certain smile from a certain face, with them sparkling eye and the roughed up hair… and all I want is to have those arms hold me to sleep.

I am so freaking screwed in this certain instance, aren’t I? I’ve let him dog-gone done and screwed up my whole freaking brain now!

No comments: