Monday, June 30, 2008

Wrong

I learnt a new word today, while watching telly just after waking up at 10 a.m.

pro·pin·qui·ty ~ noun
  1. Nearness in place; proximity
  2. Nearness of relation; kinship
  3. Affinity of nature; similarity
  4. Nearness in time
To put this word into use today, I would have to say that I have been sorely lacking in propinquity, not just in the last week but in reflection, a lot of the times in my life.

I just had lunch with Pups and it was good, chatting over meatballs, coffee and Sampoernas with a familiar face, who I do not have to explain very much and still know where my point comes from and lies in.

I am raising a feud with my best buddy, tho he'd probably read about it only here. And for the silliest reason to boot. He's probably gonna tell me to "grow up" and I'm probably gonna get hell raising raging mad with him when he says that. Which is why it's coming on here, instead of somewhere else. Cos I really don't wanna get into a disagreement with him. I'm miffed cos I had rung him for an opinion, as someone I respect and listen to, and got blown off in under 10 seconds. *grumble grumble, curse curse*

I am slowing getting increasingly irritated with Monday.I don't really have a beginning point on elaborating this. I just feel that certain expectations or assumptions have been made and I do not like it. I know, it's really partly my fault for not demarking the zones and areas and I can't really cry hell and sunder over this. But nonetheless, I am seething and it will blow at some point in time. (And right now, taking Charlie's offer up seems to be the best return I can serve up in my wee bit lil head!)

There are a whole list of other things I can state there which are falling on the wrong side of me. But there's no point to it cos at the end of the day and line, I am lacking in propinquity only for one reason and one reason alone ~ a total thorough lack of communication on my part.

I think I'll go bury my head in the sand for the rest of the day until I can think this one thru again.

No comments: