Monday, July 14, 2008

I Don't Speak Girl

Yes.. yes.. I know - two postings on one night - On a Monday night from me... WTF?! Precisely that, I would think - WTF?! The American financial markets goes soft, taking with it the Asian markets and I find myself sitting at the noisy cybercafe, blogging away on a Monday night. A tad bit ridiculous ain't it?!

Anyways, the above was not the excuse proferred. In fact, none was except for the mere explanation of "heading out to destination now for two days and back only tomorrow night." But well, when you have heard enough of whinge-ing about work, you get the drift that some shockwave has rippled thru the financial markets. Duty calls.

I am quite determine not to make a fuss out of this whole thingy cos once upon a time, my time was my company's as well ~ recall Valentine's Day 2006 and being summoned to see the Big Boss at lunch, told to go home, grab my bags and passport to fly out in 6 hours to Sydney - while I have lamb marinating in the fridge for dinner!!!

But somehow, I get the feeling that some form of fussing in reply was required... Unfortunately, being quite dumb in this sense, my reply of "Have a good trip" didn't quite cut it cos the conversation ended there with that. Maybe if I tried harder, I could have come up with something along the lines of "Oh shucks! That's horrible news! How is Monday gonna pass on by now?! But have a safe journey and get back soon!"

As WhiteBoy once told me - try and speak girl once in a while. And that has been bugging me the whole day - this concept of talk that I have not appeared to master. And apparently according to this online quiz which I just did - I just don't get it either! *Duh*

Oh sure I can be cutesy-wootsy once in a way.... but unfortunately, it is not in my genetic make-up to whine and pout. I blame it on my mum - the inherited stylings of a fiery unleashing of a slew of burning words that does as they intend - burn and burn right down to the core.

I think, the closest I have come to speaking girl would be "Pat me on the head and tell me you're so proud of me"... but then again, that was seriously aided by like a lot of whiskey! *Hmmm* In reflection actually, that did work cos while he had nothing to be proud of in that instance (in fact, I think he so wanted to wring my neck!), he still said Okay and I got the pat on head.

Where am I going with all this? I'm not too sure actually... Maybe I need a speech guru... maybe I don't... maybe 'this is me' needs to be re-looked and re-examined... Good grief! I can freaking believe this - 32 going on 33 and I've gotta go learn how to speak girl! Makes you kinda wonder how I survived the last 32 years as a girl then eh?

I'll let you be the judge of this kays ~ Can you imagine Barbsie Speaking Girl? Drop me a line either here or anywhere else you know of and lemme know what you think! Seriously!

Author's Note:
And no - the name Barbsie was not the 1st step in that direction - it wasn't coined by me and it is in fact being used simply cos it's not a name that sticks in your head when it comes to me and so is in a way, my pseudonym :o)

No comments: