Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It Was a GOOD Day

And so, there I was, lounging on my couch, not having moved since I got home at 7 this evening, thinking to myself - there must be something better for me to do this evening - other than what I've been doing the whole day. So up I went, showered off, got dressed, laced up my shoes and took a stroll over to the neighbourhood cybercafe to lodge my thoughts of the day.

~**~

My Tuesdays are always a high day - well, no prizes for guessing that it's cos it's the day following Monday. And rightfully so, Monday was, to quote another - One word... Awesome! I'm gonna curb myself from entertaining the thought - when it all this 'awesome-ness' gonna come to an end cos I truly do not have a rightful reason to think so.

Having said that (and this is to clarify all thoughts of the readers), it's not exactly going anywhere as well. Or is it? Once in a while (which isn't very often cos there's only 1 Monday out of every week), he tends to surprise me with his intensity; of telling me what's been going on with him and well, we shall leave the other bit to your hyper-active imagination. And yesterday was one of them occassion, bordering to the point of "possession".

Health Warning:
Don't ask! Truly - don't! These are areas which can only be explored verbally when sitting under a huge tree along Jalan Alor - one big enough for you to run and climb up to squirmishly and sheepishly! And we're gonna do that someday soon cos I so do need a guy's perspective on the whole possession thingy!

So, in a summary of not so many words, it is in a way going somewhere. Just that destination remains unknown and unaddressed. While there maybe a rising need to, I'm gonna do what Barbsie does best - sweep it under the carpet and leave it be. Let it grow dust bunnies! Afterall, we all love em bunnies, especially when they do that bunny-thing that they do *wink*

~**~

I started my new job today. Never have I had so many people text me to wish me a good day. Thanks you guys - bunches loads! But it has been a bit of a mixed up day.

I can't write it off and say it was a bad day just cos I could sit and watch my fingernails grow - not something you thought you'd be doing, especially not when you've spent the last 6 days doing that!

When one moves from one job to another, they always anticipate bigger, better things / tasks awaiting to be accomplished. I mean, I have been looking forward to starting this new job, anticipating a whole load of things having waited 3 months for me to come on board and get done. NOT having been given any particular assignments was not what I had anticipated, expected.

But in keeping with the Tuesday Bright-and-Shiny theme, we're going to go with the good bit of me managing on my own for a full 1st half of the day, going thru stuff, figuring things out for myself until my boss came in at noon. And as Mumsy rightly stated just now when we spoke on the phone - God knew I needed a break, professionally and this is His way of doing it.
~**~

Had lunch with Mandy at the Galleria. 1) She didn't drive and so I had to do the driving, and the parking finding, and 2) the old menu is back.

It was good to be back there after a week - I don't think I've ever seen any of my boys give me a bigger smile than they did today. And it was from the heart - I know, I felt it. *Grin* They missed me, shit-and-buckets loads! And hell, I missed them too! As I told the Bear - even walking down the stairs to the restaurant felt like going home.

Leaving wasn't easy, especially when I see the hive of activity going on, knowing that I could be in the thick of the action. Especially when I knew the office I was going back to was so quiet, I daren't type a word in case the glass windows get a shock and break! But nonetheless, that chapter is over and done with.

~**~

If I had to rate today, on its own, and not as the day-following-Monday, I would have to say it's warrants a rating of at least 7 1/2, despite a 2 hour meeting with my new boss that didn't give me much more insight into what is expected of me and getting use to nothaving freshly brewed coffee! Cos I realised something - a boss doesn't wait for assignments to be handed out. And so, if I am going to be that someday, I've gotta start creating my own assignments and THAT was what I did and would be doing for the few days to come.

So yeah - all them wishes from Monday, Bear and everybody else did come true today - I did have a good day.. and in a small way, I did have fun to.

You guys have a good day yourselves now tomorrow!

Author's Note:
You have to excuse this extremely long post for today / tonight. I have, afterall, been badly deprived of conversation and the need to type endlessly and at a speed that scares everyone else. I promise it'll all be contained really soon!



No comments: