Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lucky Stars and Leprechauns

I just had an interesting discussion with my brother on the country’s silent frenzy – the RM 10.5 million jackpot prize money of one of the lottery places. Like every other dreamer on earth, it was of course on what we would do with the money if we were indeed the lucky ones!

And here is my list for posterity sake:

  1. My kids – RM 1 million each (Total Usage = RM 2 million)
  2. My brother’s kids – RM 1 million each (Total Usage = RM 5 million)
  3. My folks and my aunt – RM 500k each (Total Usage = RM 6.5 million)
  4. My brother and his wife – RM 300k (Total Usage = RM 6.8 million)
  5. My dad’s brothers – RM 100k each (Total Usage = RM 7.2 million)
  6. Housekeeping – RM 500k (Total Usage = RM 7.7 million)
  7. Savings – RM 500k (Total Usage = RM 8.2 million)
  8. Trust-fund for charity – RM 1 million (Total Usage = RM 9.2 million)
  9. My Beemers – a 1-series for weekdays and a 3-series for the weekend – RM 400k (Total Usage = RM 9.6 million)
  10. My MBA at INSEAD - RM 400k cos it's Eur 50K just for tuition (Total Usage = RM 10 million)

Before I had put it down in words – RM 10.5 million felt like a lot of money. But it can only allow me to do 10 things, of which, only 1 would give me immediate pleasure! Go figure!

Sometimes I do wonder where my brain is… Fortunately for me, it's only wishful dreaming, much like trying to catch a leprechaun to grab his pot of gold!


Such is life eh?

No comments: