Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What a Cow!

I was trying to recall what life was like a year a go… and so I decided to just read thru some of my postings from then… And here’s an excerpt from one of them:

But as I prep my work bag for another brand new work week, I cannot help but ask myself this Sunday evening – is this all there is to life? My Life? Sure I’ve always wanted to be a force to reckon with, and yes – it’s a well known fact my thirst for a fulfilling career is a key driver of my life… but.. but.. but.. what about everything else? Now that I’ve “arrived”, what else is there?

I used to see almost all my friends at least once a week. The fun-filled Friday nights of crawling from one pub to another, with good food, conversation and company. The lazy Saturday afternoons of catching up with my girlfriend. The anticipation of cooking Sunday night family dinner.

The only things that I have had got going for me for the last few months seems to be nothing more than a quick dinner Friday night with you and Saturday morning breakfasts with the guys at work. That is all life has been reduced to.

AIYO! *Smacks self on head over-and-over again*

And we're so stumped, we shall say it again... AIYO!!!

I know… don’t say it… I see it Loud and Clear!

But being the ME that I am, I don’t know what to do with the sun, the moon, the cow and the spoon, when it is served to me on a silver platter.

I shall be careful with what I wish for this year as I blow out the candle kays?

No comments: