Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Late Edition

I have to say this upfront and on the onset: It’s quite amazing that on Tuesday mornings, there are a record number of people who log onto ChemicalShooter for an update *lol* Come on people – seriously? Seriously!

Anyways, sorry to have disappointed all who came on bright and early, expecting a late night posting – still ain’t got no computer at home and didn’t feel up to walking to the cybercafé at 2 a.m. Besides, it’s a bit of a slow day so it’s taken a long while to get thoughts going.

It’s not particular good news – the fact that am slowly getting out of it ~ being there on top of my game. Yes – hard to believe cos it’s only been 2 weeks since my brain has been severely taxed and whacked. But yes – signs of slowing down are coming thru. So.Not.Good! Took me 2 bloody hours to draft an email to my counterpart and even that, it so very nearly became a professional disaster.

So, it’s been a week in this new job and I think I am starting to break my boss in – she’s starting to give me some leeway to move and do some of the stuff. Or could it be like my ex-boss used to say – give a person enough rope and they’ll hang themselves? *Hmmmm* Ah – let’s not complain – it is after all work.

Just had lunch with Mandy at KLCC – at the Spot of Serenity *lol* Gosh – it has been a long while since I had an SS, haven’t I? And to think it used to be a daily ritual! It was good – the pasta salad and her burger. Now if only someone, at some point in time, would stop and tell us why they actually stare at us when they walk on by, each time we lunch there?! I mean, what’s there to gawk at?

I suppose it goes to show that society is not one that is readily unflustered by the un-common cos there is always some form of reaction that is highly visible and sometime audible too! Get involve in some kind of highway-auto-sodomy or spooning and everyone’s ready with their camera phones to video it all. Leave the windows open on a rowdy night and the playground loiters would think it’s a PodCast that they can log on to, throwing in the cheering, clapping and hooting as if it was LinkinPark on show.

Oh well – such is the world that we live in right now. Guess we’ll just have to live with it eh?

Happy Tuesday y’all!

Author's Note:
Yes, it is intentional that this Tuesday post is one without the use of a particular day of the week. One's gotta do what one's gotta do, just to keep the brain working and looking sharp!

No comments: