Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Silent Thought

a·maze ~ verb

  1. to overwhelm with surprise or sudden wonder; astonish greatly

Very few people amaze me. And when they do, it's normally a one-off affair. Yet, there's this one person who never fails to amaze me each time I learn more about him, his life, his experiences, his perspective, his values.

But most of all, what overwhelms me each time we meet, is how much in synch we are - almost like two peas in a pod. Sure we have our differences of opinions, but even then, it seems to compliment, rather than conflict - bringing a side of the subject-matter that the other didn't think of.

He has his quirky ways, like his obsession with a round orange ball that bounces, giving names to stuff that has a physical form but not a presence, eating a tonne and a half and not putting on an ounce of fat, abhoring anything to do with the Dutch, standing in the middle of my kitchen - daring himself to match my neighbours in their fashion show. The list goes on, and some of them irk me. But I know that without them, it wouldn't be him.

I have known him for coming 5 months now. While it's been quite the ride, it's also been a quieting calm. He takes away the drama and leaves just the picture as it is. He makes me want to better myself, not to impress but just to be the best that I can be. He believes in me, even without knowing very much about me, who I am and where I come from. He leaves me wanting more, but content with what I have.

There's this jest between us.. about Superman, saving the world and all that jazz. Little does he know, he doesn't have to save the world to be Superman. He just has to be who he is and he's wins the right to wear the tee.

He rights and rocks my world.

No comments: