Monday, July 21, 2008

Large Enough...

Wow… the weekend’s come and gone. It was a good weekend and I think I’m beginning to enjoy these 5-day weeks! I mean, to actually have a full Saturday and Sunday with the children, without feeling tired or dragged down by work!

So yes – am finally doing the Mum-sy thingy with a bit of mall-ratting (we even cooped front row seats to the Highschool Musical Dance thingy at 1U!!), a bit of leisurely eating and overall chilling in the house. They were even on time for Sunday School for once! Trust me – that is no mean feat, this being on-time business on a Sunday morning!

Also did some entertaining at home – this weekend was GarlicBoy coming over for some curry, cocktails and chit-chat. This is the 2nd weekend is a row that I have had people over for some chow – the week before was Sen and Nat, and it’s nice – to have other people in the house as well! I would have to take a break from this entertaining thingy this coming weekend cos I’m heading out of town for a business trip. But the seat for the weekend after is open for takers!

I have also been consistently getting my laundry done over the weekend and it’s nice to start the week with a full closet of clothes for my picking! Yes, this was a serious issue when I was still in the SC job – there were times when the laundry bag went to work and back with me, day-in, day-out.

The house is clean. the dish rack is not over-flowing with crockery that needs to be put away. The freezer is filled and not a bottle of vodka in sight to take up precious space. I think I’m finally getting my life back in shape, back on to the track that it’s suppose to. And that's why we took this new job!

Nonetheless, while everything went well this weekend… Barbs being Barbs, I still had my moments. Woke up at 3 am this morning and stayed awake for the next hour. And I think I finally recognise the pattern of this fitful sleep. I suppose “recognise” might not be the most accurate of adjectives to use. “Admit” might be more suited. But let’s not dwell on that.

It’s Monday and a brand new week. I may have fought silent battles in my head (which is still on-going!) and there would be many more silent battles to be seen out – it is nonetheless a new week. As the Facebook Tarot reading for me today says: I will pursue my dreams and what makes me happy -- life's too short. I will allow time for me today. I am immortal! Sometimes it's better to burn out than just fade away.

Now all we have to do is remember that Patience is a virtue... And that good things comes to those who wait. Ah.. all the world's a stage .. and like Mandy used to say, If we had the Oscars in Malaysia, I would win it hands down.

With that, I’m off to chew whatever that’s left of my fingernails now! If only WhiteBoy and I still worked in the same office - I could then go running to him and ask him to hold my phone for me! Oh well.. we can't win them all!

Tally-ho dudes and dudettes!

I'm large enough to contain contradictions!


No comments: