Thursday, September 10, 2009

Calling Mr President

Where are you when I need you?

So I can tell you that my telly broke down. Then you can tell me that it's only a telly and how I can use the useless hours I have wasted in front of it, watching re-runs of Grey's Anatomy and whatever else it is I watch, to better use - like writing my book or reading more.

So I can tell you that that for 3 nights in a row I keep dreaming of dead people. Then you can tell me that it was only dreams and remind me again how death is a natural part of life, and walk me through yet again how I must always anticipate death as part of my reality.




I am feeling well and truly lost right now. To the point that even if I hear from you, I'd probably leave the message un-read and thus un-answered, the phone to ring until it goes to voice mail.

So I can tell you I've had a fight with my best buddy. Then you can tell me that you've always thought him to be a fair-weathered friend and have said so a thousand times to me. So I can find reason in me to defend him to you yet again, and in that process be reminded of all the goodness in him. 

Days like these, I wish you spent more time reading this page. And I'm asking you cos you're the only one who bothers finding out what's happened to me when you don't hear from me, or when messages and calls goes unanswered. You're the only one who doesn't assume that I've gone underground yet again, or if you do, you deign to find out there and then what's caused me to shut myself off from the world I know and love.

I'm asking you so you can remind me, that by defending those who you think do not deserve it, there is goodness in me too. 

No comments: