Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fussing

I am 34 years, 1 week and about 4 days old and I have 2 friends who still owe me my pressie. Don't get me wrong - it wasn't insisted on my part, but volunteered on theirs. And it's nothing fancy - just dinner (or lunch) which is an excuse or reason for us to catch up.

The LegalBeagle has claimed that there is a 30 day 'mourning' period - so yeah, boy I shall hound you for our feast at La Bodega after the 28th of this month.

But the Bear - the Bear is a whole different kettle of fish. Cos the Bear has just cancelled on me AGAIN for the 2nd time on this account.

Now traditionally, I would let it slide. But in truth, I cannot be asked to reply his text of "Heya Barbsie, got late mtg today so gotta cancel dinner. Sorry yah." cos it's well and truly getting to be an old ruse. 

Add to that, the Bear is the same person who kicked up a fuss when I said I was having dinner on the actual itself with the folks at home cos mum was in recuperation and it was Friday - the day my kids come home. After laying it on to me as to how it has been a tradition since we became friends, and that I could go pick up my kids after instead ~ it is indeed upsetting to think that I have been cancelled on not once but twice.

And I know I'm stirring up massive beef here but hell - my tv's broken so it's allowed - he used to chastise me for 'making excuses' for a certain someone when they had to work late and call in a rain check. I'll have you know - at least said person had the decency to be really sorry for standing me up at those times, which is more than a "sorry yah".

Perhaps Bear is assuming that as one of his good friends, I should know better how crazy his schedule can get. But he is also forgetting that good friends don't always stay that way unless some effort is made on BOTH sides to keep the friendship as it is - which is good.

As Mandy says - don't put your plans on hold until you are sure he's on his way. I'd really hate to say it out loud but there is a whole lot of truth in what Mandy says.

So yes Bear - I am officially mad with you this time and you can keep the griddle pan with its red ribbon for yourself. It should really be the last thing you give me - I might just clobber you on the head with it till kingdom come!

*Hrumph* Hell hath no fury like that of a girl denied her dinner!

No comments: